At CAS our aims for our learners are to:
- use ICT confidently across all areas of the curriculum
- develop their skills in thinking critically and problem solving online
- become literate in the language, symbols and texts of digital technology
- respect the intellectual copyright of the creators of content
- act safely and with integrity when learning online
- relate to others positively and meaningfully
- contribute by demonstrating the values of digital citizenship
Thanks to the fundraising efforts of the Home and School Committee, our ratio of devices sees that children have independent access to a range of devices, from MacBook Airs to ChromeBooks. We use the resources created by Commonsense Media.
With the introduction of the Digital Technologies curriculum we have been reflecting on how we teach computational thinking. Our students are able to explore this by learning how to code using the Scratch website created by M.I.T. and using robotics.
Being cybersafe is crucial for our tamariki.
Our ICT Continuum is designed to give staff and students the minimum targets to meet by the end of each syndicate level. It allows for students to be able to build on existing knowledge as they move through the school.